DoP&T O.M. No.8/5/98-CS.II dated 19.2.1999
Personal Staff of Ministers Provision of additional staff regarding.
The undersigned is directed to refer to this Departments O.M.No.8/3/92-CS.II dated 14.1.94 in which the instructions relating to the personal staff of Ministers have been compiled and to say that it has been decided that in cases where a part of any Ministry/Department held by a Minister, who has quit the council of Ministers by resignation or otherwise, is clubbed temporarily with the existing portfolio of another Minister, he may be allowed a separate set of personal staff for the part additional charge to the extent indicated below for the duration he/she holds the additional charge:-
1. Additional Private Secretary - 1
2. First P.A. (Rs.6,500-10,500) - 1
3. Peon (Rs. 2,550-3,200) - 1
2. Cases of Ministers who are given full charge, temporarily, which was held by another Minister, may continue to the regulated as earlier in terms of para 4 (C) of the above referred O.M. dated 14.1.1994.
3. This issues with the concurrence of the Ministry of Finance vide their U.O. No.G-11019/5/99-EG dated 12.2.199.