Government Of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
(Department of Personnel & Training)
Lok Nayak Bhavan, 3rd Floor
Khan Market, New Delhi-110003
Subject:-††††††††† Admissibility of Non-Functional pay scale of† Rs. 8000-13500 in respect of Section Officers of CSS† - clarifications regarding fixation of pay.
The undersigned is directed to refer to this Departmentís Order of even number dated† 25th January, 2006† on† the† subject† mentioned†† above† and to say that a number of references have been received from various Ministries seeking clarifications on following points:-
1. Whether† SOs who were promoted as US between the period 1.1.1996 to 3.10.2003 ( both dates inclusive ) are entitled for the actual financial benefit of pay fixation in the scale of US from the date of their promotion as US?
2. Whether the financial benefit of the aforesaid order would also be available to the SOs/USs of CSS who were working as SOs during the period from 1.1.1996 to 3.10.2003 ( both dates inclusive ) but have retired before the date of issue of the aforesaid order?
3. Whether the officers who were on deputation during the period from 1.1.1996 to 3.10.2003 ( both dates inclusive ) are to be given the benefit of pay fixation in† NFS and consequential arrears of pay?
The above points have been considered in consultation with Estt (Pay) of this Deptt. and Ministry of Finance and† it is clarified that:-
1. In the case of SOs who were promoted as USs between the period from 1.1.1996 to 3.10.2003, their pay may be first fixed in the NFS w.e.f. 1.1.1996 as per the provision of this Depttís order dated 25.1.2006 read with O.M dated 30th March, 2006 and thereafter their pay in the US Grade may be refixed on notional basis with reference to their pay in the NFS, from the date of their promotion† in the grade as per the option exercised by them. But on account of refixation of pay, the officers will be entitled to draw arrears of pay only w.e.f. 3.10.2003. Arrears for the period prior to 3.10.2003 if drawn by any officer may be recovered with interest @ 8% p.a. within a year,† .
2. The SOs/USs, who were working during the period 1.1.1996 to 3.10.2003 but have retired before the issue of the aforesaid order, are also eligible for the benefit of the order for the purpose of refixation of their pay on notional basis as per the provision of this Depttís Order dated 25.1.2006 read with O.M. dated 30th March, 2006 and thereafter consequential revision of their pensionary benefits with actual monetary benefit (i.e. arrear on account of such revision of their pension ) w.e.f. 03.10.2003 only.
3. The officers who were on deputation between the period from 1.1.1996† to 3.10.2003 may also be given the benefit of refixation of their pay as per the provision of Order dated 25.1.2006 read with O.M. dated 30.3.2006 with actual monetary benefit w.e.f. 3.10.2003. However, if the pay scale of parent cadre post becomes higher, the officer can only be allowed† to complete the normal period of deputation but no extension may be granted. Further, if the pay of the parent cadre post exceeds the maximum of the ex-cadre post, the officer has to be repatriated to his cadre within six months.
( M. S. Sharma ).
Under Secretary to the Govt. of India
Telephone : 24629412
All Cadres of CSS
(Deputy Secretary / Director, Admn/Estt ))