Government of India
Ministry of Personnel , Public Grievances and Pensions
(Department of Personnel and Training)
April 24, 2000
Subject:-Implementation of the Assured Career Progression Scheme Ė Regarding.
The undersigned is directed to invite reference to the Department of Personnel and Training (DoP&T) Office Memorandum (O.M.) dated August 9, 1999 regarding the Assured Career Progression (ACP) Scheme for the Central Government civilian employees. According to the time-schedule prescribed in paragraph 6.3 of the aforesaid instructions, the Screening Committee to consider the cases for grant of benefits under the ACP Scheme is required to meet twice in a financial year - preferably in the first week of January and July for advance processing of the cases. As per paragraph 6.4 of the aforesaid O.M., the first Screening Committee was to be set up within a month from the date of issue of the O.M. under reference to consider the cases that had already matured or were to mature up to 31.3.2000 for grant of benefits under the ACP Scheme. The next Screening Committee (as per paragraph 6.3 of the said O.M.) was required to meet in the first week of January, 2000 to process in advance the cases maturing for benefits under the ACP Scheme during the period from April 1 to September 30, 2000. To ensure expeditious implementation of the ACP Scheme, clarificatory instructions have also since been issued vide DoP&T Office Memorandum of even number dated February 10, 2000.
2. Ministries/Departments are requested to ensure that the required action and formalities in relation to the ACP Scheme are completed as per the prescribed time-schedule and the financial upgradations to the eligible employees are allowed on time. The pending cases may be decided without any further loss of time.
( K.K.JHA )
1. All Ministries/Departments of the Government of India
2. Presidentís Secretariat / Vice Presidentís Secretariat / Prime Ministerís Office / Supreme Court / Rajya Sabha Secretariat / Lok Sabha Secretariat / Cabinet Secretariat / UPSC / CVC / C&AG / Central Administrative Tribunal (Principal Bench), New Delhi
3. All attached/subordinate offices of the Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
4. Secretary, National Commission for Minorities
5. Secretary, National Commission for Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes
6. Secretary, Staff Side, National Council (JCM), 13-C, Ferozeshah Road, New Delhi
7. All Staff Side Members of the National Council (JCM)
8. Establishment (D) Section - 200 copies