No. 17016/8/87-Estt. (Allowance)
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pension
(Department of Personnel and Training)
Establishment (Allowances) Section
Dated: the 4. 2. 1992
Subject: Rates of honorarium to be granted to Reporters/ Interpreters / Stenographers for reporting proceedings of ad-hoc Committee/ Conferences.
The undersigned is directed to refer to this Deptt’s O.M. of even number dated 25.05.88 on the subject mentioned above and to say that the question of consolidation of various Orders on the subject has been under consideration of the Government. It has now been decided in consultation with the Ministry of Finance, that in suppression of all previous orders, the following rates of honorarium will be applicable to Reporters/ Interpreters/ Stenographers for taking down verbatim reports of the proceedings of the Parliament/ State Legislature ad-hoc Committees, Conferences etc:-.
|i.||Reporters/ Interpreters of Parliament and State Legislatures.||Rs. 80/- per day|
|ii.||Reporters of Government of India offices like ad-hoc Committees, Conferences etc. constituted by the Central Govt.||Rs. 45/- per day|
|iii.||Stenographers (Gr. C & above) of the Ministries/ Attached/ Subordinate offices of the Government of India, State Governments, Private Organisations and Reporters and Stenographers of the Union Territory Administrations.||Rs. 24/- per day|
2. Ministries/ Departments should ensure that the service of the Reporters/ Interpreters are requisitioned only in unavoidable circumstances.
3. In exceptional circumstances when no Stenographers (Gr. C & above) are available, services of Stenographers Gr. D in the Ministries / Attached Offices/ Subordinate Offices of the Government of India and of the Union Territory Administrations may be utilized and honorarium @ Rs.12/- per day may be granted in such cases.
4. No honorarium will, however, be paid to Reporters/ Interpreters/ Stenographers who are employed to take down reports other than verbatim reports of the meetings / conferences etc. arranged by various Ministries/ Attached Offices/ Subordinate Offices.
5. This will take effect from the date of issue.
6. In so far as persons serving in the Indian Audit & Accounts Departments re concerned this issues in consultation with the Comptroller & Auditor General of India.
(Smt. P.V. Valsala G. Kutty)
Under Secretary to the Government of India
All Ministries/ Departments of Government of India
(as per standard list.)