Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
( Department of Personnel & Training )
Subject :- Encashment of ceiling on accumulation and encashment of EL from 240 days to 300 days - Clarification regarding calculation of EL for encashment on termination of re-employment .
The undersigned is directed to refer to this Deptt`s OM. No. 14028\7\97-Estt. (L) dt 7.10.97enhancing the ceiling on accumulation and encashment of earned leave in respect of Central Govt. Employees on the basis of the recommendations of the Fifth Central Pay Commission and to say that this Deptt. have been receiving a number of references from various Ministries \ Departments etc. seeking clarification as to the manner in which the claims of encashment of EL in respect of re-employed persons on termination of their re-employment are to be regulated .
2. The matter has been considered in this Deptt and it has been decided that encashment of EL in respect of re-employed persons on termination of their re-employment on or after 1.7.97 may be regulated as under:-
Where a Government servant has availed of encashment for 240 days at the time of retirement, the cash equivalent in respect of earned leave at his credit on the date of termination of his re-employment shall be limited to the quantum of earned leave earned by him from 1.7.97 onwards,
Where a Government servant has not availed of encashment for 240days at the time of retirement, cash equivalent in respect of earned leave at his credit on the date of termination of re-employment shall be limited to earned leave earned from 1.7.97 onwards plus the unavailed portion of earned leave ( i.e. difference between 240 days and earned leave for which encashment has already been availed of )
In both the above cases the total quantum of earned leave already encashed at the time of retirement and allowed to be encashed as above shall not exceed 300 days .
3. These instructions take effect from 1st July, 1997.
4. In so- far as persons serving in the Indian Audit and Accounts Department are concerned these orders issue in consultation with the Comptroller & Auditor general of India .
( B.GANGAR )
Under Secretary to the Govt of India
All Ministries \ Departments of the Government of India etc.
No. 14028\2\98-Estt.(L) dated 30th July 1998.
Copy forwarded to :-
1. The Comptroller & Auditor General of India and all states under his control . ( with 400 spare copies )
2. Controller General of Accounts \ Controller of Accounts, Ministry of Finance.
3. Registrar General Supreme Court of India.
4. Secretaries to Union Public service Commission \Election commission \ Lok Sabha Secretariat \ Rajya Sabha Secretariat \ Cabinet Secretariat \ Central Vigilance Commission \ Presidents Secretariat \ Vice Presidents Secretariat \Prime Ministers Office \ Planing Commission .
5. Department of Personnel & Training (AIS Division ) JCA Section \ Admn. Section \ Pay Implementation Cell.
6. Additional Secretary ( Union Territories ) Ministry of Home Affairs
7. All State Governments and Union Territories.
8. Governors of all States \Lt. Governors of Union Territories
9. Secretary, National Council (Staff side ), 13-C Feroze Shah Road, New Delhi
10. All Members of the staff side of the National Council of JCM \ Department Council.
11. All Officers \Sections of the Department of Personnel and Training \Department of Administrative Reforms & Public Grievances \ Department of Pensions & Pensioners Welfare.
12. Ministry of Finance Department of Expenditure vide their U.O. No.416\E V \ 98 dates 30.6.98.
13. Department of Expenditure ( Implementation Cell ), Trikoot-1 Bhikaji Cama Place R.K.Puram New Delhi .
14. 3000 Spare Copies .
( B. GANGAR)
Under Secretary to the Govt. of India