Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
Department of Personnel and Training
New Delhi 110 001
|Subject :-||Screening Committee meeting in regard to optimisation of direct recruitment to the civilian posts compliance report.|
Attention is invited to the instructions contained in this Departments OM No.2/8/2001-PIC dated 16.5.2001 & 18.6.2002 and OM No.2/26/2001-PIC dated 11.9.2002 wherein all Ministries / Departments were required to prepare an Annual Direct Recruitment Plan, to regulate the direct recruitment to civilian posts. This was required to be done through the mechanism of Screening Committees to be constituted separately for Group B, C and D posts as well as Group A posts, as prescribed in the above OMs.
2. In this connection, all the Ministries/Departments that have already convened the Screening Committee meetings and are yet to furnish the following information, are requested to forward the same to this Department immediately :-
Minutes of the Screening Committee Meetings.
Details of posts abolished as a result of decision taken in the Screening Committee meeting. (Please enclose copy of relevant OMs by which posts have been abolished).
Present status of action taken on various other decisions taken in the Screening Committee meeting.
3. It may be noted for future also that as and when minutes of the Screening Committee meetings are finalized or any OM abolishing posts is issued, a copy of the same should invariably be endorsed to DoPT also.
4. It has also been noticed that proposals of Annual Direct Recruitment Plans, both for consideration of Screening committes for Group B, C, D vacancies as also proposals for consideration of the Screening Committee for Group 'A' posts, are formulated in a piece-meal manner. In other words, Ministries/Departments often put up proposals for consideration of respective Screening Committees, pertaining to only one or a few organisations under their charge, in isolation, on grounds of administrative convenience/exigency. It is clarified that holding piece-meal screening Committee meetings are not envisaged in the DOPT OMs cited above. There should be one Screening Committee meeting, under the Chairmanship of the concerned Secretary in various Ministries/Departments, which should comprehensively consider all Direct Recruitment vacancies, arising in the recruitment year under review for Group B, C, and D vacancies. Similarly proposals for Group 'A' posts should also be formulated comprehensively in respect of all the offices/organisations coming under the administrative control of respective Secretaries in the Ministries/Departments. It may be noted that it shall not be possible to convene Screening Committee meetings to consider part or piece-meal proposals.
the progress in the matter may be conveyed to DOPT by 30.11.2002
PH : 23092589
(i) All Ministries/Departments of the Government of India
(as per standard list).
(ii) All Financial Advisors (by name)
List of Ministry/Department
1. Department of Culture
2. Ministry of Defence (Civilian)
3. Department of Education
4. Ministry of External Affairs
5. Ministry of Home Affairs
6. Indian Audit and Accounts Department
7. Ministry of Information and Broadcasting
8. Ministry of Railways
9. Department of Revenue
10. Department of Expenditure
11. Deptt. of Agriculture Research and Education (DARE)
12. Department of Atomic Energy.
13. Department of Bio-Technology
14. Ministry of Civil Aviation
15. Department of Electronics
16. Ministry of Environment and Forests.
17. Industrial Policy and Promotion
18. Ministry of Labour
19. Department of Tourism
20. Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports
21. Cabinet Secretariat
22. President Secretariat
23. Prime Ministers Office
24. Union Public Service Commission
25. Vice-Presidents Secretariat
26. Department of Mines
27. Non-Conventional Energy Sources
28. Department of Ocean Development
29. Ministry of Power
30. Department of Science and Technology
31. Department of Space.
32. Ministry of Surface and Transport.
33. Ministry of Water Resources.
34. Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment
35. Ministry of Women and Child Development
36. Ministry of Chemicals and Petrochemicals
37. Department of Coal
38. Department of Company Affairs
39. Election Commission
40. Department of Fertilizers
41. Ministry of Food and Publlic Distribution
42. Department of Sugar and Edible Oil
43. Department of Food Processing Industries
44. Department of Heavy Industries
45. Ministry of Law and Justice
46. Ministry of Parliamentary Affairs
47. Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas
48. Planning Commission
49. Department of Public Enterprises
50. Department of SSO Agro and Rural Industries
51. Department of Statistics and Programme Implementation
52. Ministry of Steel
53. Department of Supply
54. Department of Tribal Affairs