Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
Department of Personnel and Training
3rd Floor,Lok Nayak Bhavan,
Khan Market, New Delhi,
Subject:- Implementation of SIU recommendations on review of norms for non-statutory departmental canteens – Standardization for approval – regarding.
The undersigned is directed to refer to this Department O.M. No. 13/10/2001-Dir (C ), dated 22nd December, 2004 on the above subject and to say that instances have come to the notice of this Department that while re-categorizing their departmental canteens, Ministries/Departments are issuing the orders with the approval at different levels with effect from different dates. For example, some Miinistries have taken the approval of the Department of Expenditure while re-categorizing their canteens. On the other hand some Ministries have taken approval of their Internal Finance Division etc. etc.
2. Since, it has been clearly mentioned at Para 1 of this Department’s O.M. dated 22.12.2004 that the SIU recommendations were accepted by the Government after careful examination of all the aspects and after having obtained the approval of the Ministry of Finance (Departrment of Expenditure) and Internal Finance Division of the Ministry of Home Affairs, it was decided to implement the SIU recommendations in the manner mentioned in this Department’s O.M. dated 22.12.2004. The matter has been examined in consultation with Staff Inspection Unit and the Department of Expenditure and with a view to bring about uniformity, it has been decided that Ministries and Departments may implement the SIU recommendations recategorising their Departmental Canteens based on O.M. dated 22.12.2004 with the approval of their Head of the Department in consultation with their Internal Finance Division. Ministries/Departments need not go to the Ministry of Finance again for the approval/concurrence while recategorising their Departmental Canteens.
3. This issues with the approval of the Ministry of Finance (Department of Expenditure) vide their Dy. No. 2 (8) E.III Desk/2004, dated 21.5.2008.
1. All the Ministries/Departments of the Government of India (As per the standard list) (Attention JS/Director (Administration) of the concerned Establishment) for necessary action for further dissemination to all concerned Establishment/Attached/Subordinate Offices under their jurisdiction and administrative control.
2. Comptroller & Auditor General of India, 10, Bhadurshah Zafar Marg, New Delhi.
3. The Registrar, Supreme Court of India, Tilak Marg, New Delhi.
4. Ministry of Finance (Department of Expenditutre), E-III, Desk, North Block, New Delhi.
5. Director, Staff Inspection Unit, Ministry of Finance (Department of Expendituire), Lok Nayak Bhavan, 5th Floor, Khan Market, New Delhi.
6. All Controller of Accounts in Ministries/Departments.
7. Home (Finance) Division, Ministry of Home Affairs, North Block, New Delhi.
8. CGDA, West Block V, R.K. Puram, New Delhi.
9. Director (Admn), DOP&T, North Block, New Delhi.