Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
Department of Personnel and Training
Lok Nayak Bhawan, Khan Market,
Subject† :† Pay & Allowances of Non-Statutory Departmental Canteen employees
†††† under Revised Pay Rules 1997.
The undersigned is directed to refer to this Departmentís O.M. of even number dated 24.9.98 and 21.10.98 on the above subject and to say that clarifications are being sought from this Department as to whether the existing incumbents in the posts of Assistant Halwais/Cooks and Clerks/Salesmen could be immediately given the revised pay scales as already approved by the Finance as the amendments required to be carried out in the Recruitment Rules by them to regulate direct Recruitment/Promotion against the specified percentage in these categories† of posts will take time.† It is hereby clarified that the provisions under paras 2 & 3 of this Departmentís O.M. of even number dated 24.9.98 are meant for regulating promotion/recruitments only and the granting the revised pay scales to the existing incumbents need not be withheld till the modifications of the Recruitment Rules.† The existing incumbents of Clerks/Salesmen and Cooks/Asstt.†† Halwais may,† therefore, be given the revised pay scales as shown in the O.M. ibid.
2.†††††††† However, it is stressed that necessary departmental action to notify the Recruitment Rules alongwith the changes shown in paras† 2 & 3† of† this Departmentís O.M. dated 24.9.98 may be urgently taken.† It is further advised that no direct recruitment/promotion may be effected and the revised scales given to such persons without first notifying the Recruitment Rules (with stipulated amendments).
†( S.T. Rajan )†††
1.†††††††† All Ministries/Departments of the Government of India as per standard
††††††††††† List(Directors/Dy. Secretaries-Incharge, Administrative Division/Wing)-††
††††††††††† for necessary action further dissemination to all concerned establishments†
††††††††††† under them.
1. All committees/Commission attached and subordinate offices of the Ministry of Home Affairs, Department of Official Language, Department† of Justice/Department of Personnel and Training/Department of A.R. & P.G./Department of Pensions & P.W.
2. Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure (Implementation Cell) with reference to their U.O. referred to above.
3. AFA(Pers)/Finance I/ Finance II/Finance III/Finance IV/Finance V, MHA.
Director of Audit, Central Revenue,
Controller General of Accounts,
Controller General of Defence
Accounts, R.K. Puram,
Supreme Court of
8. CAOís Office, Ministry of Defence, DHQ PO , New Delhi-110011.
9. SO(Canteens) with 300 spare copies.
Comptroller & Auditor General of