Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
(Department of Personnel & Training)
Lok Nayak Bhavan, New Delhi-110 003
Dated, the June 14, 2004
Subject: Select List (SQ) for promotion to the Section Officers’ Grade of CSS for the year, 2002 – fixation of zone for consideration of the Assistants for inclusion in the.
The undersigned is directed to say that the Select List for the Section Officers’ Grade (SQ), 2001 was issued on 13.05.2004. It is now proposed to bring out the Select List (SQ) for the year 2002. The number of vacancies earmarked against seniority quota as reported by the Cadre Controlling Authorities for the Select List (SQ), 2002 comes to 47 (Gen-34, SC-6 & ST-7). On the basis of the relevant data as furnished to this Department by the cadre authorities, it has been decided that the following will be the ‘range of seniority’ (zone of promotion) for making additions to the Select List (SQ) for the year, 2002.
General: The remaining Assistants of the previous zone, and all the Assistants figuring upto S.No.100 in SCSL-1988, who have completed 8 years of approved service in the Assistants’ Grade as on 01.07.2002.
SC: The remaining Assistants of the previous zone, and all the Assistants figuring in SCSL-1988, who have completed 8 years of approved service in the Assistants Grade as on 01.07.2002.
ST: The remaining Assistants of the previous zone, and all the Assistants figuring in SCSL-1990, who have completed 8 years of approved service in the Assistants Grade as on 01.07.2002.
2. In terms of this Department’s Notification No.5/23/94-CS.I dated 21.06.1995, relating to ‘approved service’ the crucial date for determining the eligibility in terms of length of service of an Assistant for promotion to the Section Officers’ Grade would be 01.07.2002 as mentioned above.
3. All the cadre controlling authorities of CSS are requested to place the case of all eligible Assistants, who are covered within the prescribed ‘zone’ and who have not yet been included in the Select List of Section Officers’ Grade, before the Departmental Promotion Committee to assess their fitness or otherwise for promotion to the Section Officers’ Grade. However, on receipt of information from cadre authorities, as a sequel to the agreement reached in the Departmental Council of JCM (DOP&T) in the 55th meeting, with a view to minimize the inter-cadre disparity in promotion, the size of zone for various categories shall be restricted to 1.25 times of the number of
available vacancies in the order as they appear in the SCSL of Assistants. They are further requested to furnish the recommendations of the Departmental Promotion Committee along-with vigilance clearance in respect of the officer(s) recommended to this Department in the prescribed proforma (enclosed) latest by 16th July, 2004. (Annexures –1,II & III).
4. Cadres are also requested to furnish the list of officers figuring in the ‘zone’ who have already been promoted through earlier Select List(s) in Annexure – IV (enclosed).
Hindi version will follow.
Encl:- as above.
(Devki Nandan Gupta)
Deputy Secretary to the Govt of India
1. All the Cadre Controlling Authorities of CSS,
[Dy. Secretary/Director (Admn./Estt.)]
2. (Staff Side), Departmental Council (JCM) of DoP&T.
1. Guard file,
2. All dealing Assistants of CS. I Section,
3. CS. II Section.