No. 31011/1/2005-Estt. (A)
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
(Department of Personnel & Training)
Subject: CCS (LTC) Rules, 1988 - Extension of the grace period of Home Town LTC block years 2002-2003.
The undersigned is directed to say that a proposal was made to this Department that the grace period expired on 31.12.2004 for availing home town leave travel concession for the block years 2002-2003 may be extended beyond 31.12.2004 on the ground that some Government servants could not avail the same due to the affect of natural calamities in certain States.
2. The matter has been considered in consultation with the Ministry of Finance and it has been decided that the Government servants who were eligible for the home town leave travel concession for the block years 2002-2003 or leave travel concession to visit to any place in India for the block years 2002-2005 in lieu of home town block years 2002-2003 and who could not avail it within the grace period up to 31.12.2004, may be allowed to avail this facility up to 30th June, 2005, in relaxation of the CCS (LTC) Rules, 1988.
3. Ministry of Finance etc. are requested to give the above decision wide publicity and to bring it to the notice of all entitled Government servants.
All Ministries/Departments of the Government of India.
(As per standard list)
1. Comptroller and Auditor General of India, New Delhi.
2. Union Public Service Commission, New Delhi.
3. Central Vigilance Commission, New Delhi.
4. Central Bureau of Investigation, New Delhi.
5. All Union Territory Administrations.
6. Lok Sabha/Rajya Sabha Secretariat.
7. All attached and Subordinate Offices of the Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions and Ministry of Home Affairs.
8. All Officers and Sections of Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions and Ministry of Home Affairs.