Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
(Department of Personnel & Training)
New Delhi, the 8th May, 1992
Subject:- Grant of Children Educational Assistance., Reimbursement of Tuition Fees etc. to Central Govt. Employees.
The undersigned is directed to refer to Central Civil Services (Educational Assistance) Orders 1988 circulated vide this Departmentís OM No. 21011/21/88- Estt (Allowance) dated 17.10.88 and subsequent amendment brought out vide OM dated 3.8.90 and to say that the President is pleased to make the following amendments in the CCS (EA) Orders, 1988 namely,
Sub Rule 2 of Rule 6 shall be deleted and the following Sub rules, shall be inserted.
(2) If a Govt. servant ceases to be in service by reasons of retirement, resignation, discharge, dismissal or removal from service in the course of an academic year, the allowance or reimbursement of Tuition Fees or hostel subsidy shall be admissible till the end of academic year in which the event takes place.
(3) If a Govt. servant dies while in service, the Children Educational Assistance or reimbursement of Tuition Fees or hostel subsidy shall be admissible in respect of his/ her children subject to observance of other conditions for its grant provided the wife/ husband of the deceased is not employed in service of the Central Govt., State Govt., Autonomous Body, PSU, Semi-Government Organisation such as Municipality, Port Trust Authority or any other Organisation partly or fully funded by the Central Government/ State Govts.
(4) The provisions under Sub Rule (3) of Rule 6 shall not be applicable in cases covered by the provisions of Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pension (Deptt. of P & PW) OM No. 33/5/89- P & PW (K) dated 9.4.90 relating to liberalized
2. Payment under these orders shall be made by the office in which the Govt. servant worked prior to his retirement . resignation, death as the case may be and will be regulated under the procedure laid down in para 25-27 of the consolidate orders dated 17-10-88.
3. These orders will take effect from the date of issue .
4. In their application to the Staff working in the Indian Audit Accounts Deptt. these instructions have been issued on consultation with the Controller & Auditor General of India.
5. Hindi version will follow.
(P.V. Valsala G. Kutty)
Under Secretary to the Govt. of India.
All Ministries / Departments of Government of India
Copy tp C. & A.G. etc.